This isn’t going to be a big, expanded blog post. I do feel I should let you know why the blog’s been offline for several days.
It was because of… a failing plugin. The stupid thing killed the site, and the bad part was that I only noticed it 2 days ago. I first suspected a temporary failure of the hosting site but yesterday it was still not back. After a while I decided to go in using internet-tech (FTP) to look at what might be the problem. The last day I had updated something, also 2 plugins had updated. And one of them proved to be the nasty one. I deleted both of them in sequence to see which one it was. I know now.
I’m glad we’re back in business!